Facebook has launched Facebook Shops to enable an e-commerce feature that makes it easy to list products across Facebook and Instagram.
What we have found out are:
- It’s free
- To start, products can be listed on your Facebook Page, Insta profile, Stories, or in ads to start.
- It’s not yet possible to sell products through Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Instagram Direct, or on live streams—though it’s in the works.
- You’ll only need to upload your product catalog once across all of Facebook’s apps.
- You can add products manually
- You can add products via website pixel or bulk upload using a spreadsheet such as Google sheets (ideal if you are currently using Google Merchant Center)
- Buyers will need to leave Facebook to complete the purchase via your specified link
- Facebook is partnering with Shopify and BigCommerce to make it even easier to port products into Facebook Shops.
- You can find out more about Facebook Shops in the Facebook Business Help Center here